The visual arts provide knowledge about God’s world and ways of experiencing it that is unique and different from that gained through verbal and written language. As a universal language through which we can express our common aspirations, art is a channel to understanding and appreciating the cultural and religious heritage of others, as well as our own.
- Students are introduced to the skills and concepts involved in appreciating and producing art.
- Student work often is modeled on the work of classical artists and styles.
- Identified students have their work displayed at the Indian Valley Public Library in the spring.
- Students continue with their exploration into a variety of medium as well as learning the history of art.
- Further areas of exploration include an Art Elective Class which meets during our 8th period Activity time.
- Identified students are invited to submit projects to our Annual Intergenerational Art Show held each
- Each spring, about 100 middle school students compete in the ACSI Fine Arts Competition in DE. The visual and performing arts competition is a highlight of our year, with PV achieving many top honors.