Kindergarten Admissions Procedure
- Prior to admissions, arrangements may be made with the Director of Admissions to have a tour of the kindergarten classrooms.
- Complete application form and return with the non-refundable registration fee to the Director of Admissions.
- Children entering kindergarten must be five years of age on or before September 1st. A birth certificate is required at time of enrollment.
- A readiness for kindergarten assessment takes place in the spring. Each child is scheduled for a 20 minute screening. Penn View’s main office will set up these appointments for you and your incoming kindergartener.
- Forms required prior to open house in August: Immunization Record, Health History, Dental Form, Private Physician’s Form, Kindergarten Inventory, Health Permission Form.
- All incoming students must have a physical exam within one year of the first day they are entering kindergarten.
- After your child’s screening, you will be notified of acceptance into our program.
- Once your child has been accepted into our program, you may contact our Director of Admissions if you would like to apply for a financial scholarship.
- New parents are sent a summer mailing of pertinent information.
- Open house is held during the week prior to the start of school.
- Transportation information is mailed to families or published in local newspapers the week prior to the start of school. If you have special transportation needs, please contact our administrative assistant Bonnie Miller.
To request an information packet, e-mail Doug Hackman with your name, address, phone number, and the grade level in which you are interested.